2 Day High Intensity Support Skills Program
Having completed numerous audits, the NDIS has recently released details of the recommended training they expect to happen within the larger Community Services industry, including the Disability, Aged Care and Mental Health sectors through the new NDIS Workforce Capability Framework.
SET2LEARN has been part of the focus group to reshape the NDIS Workforce Capability Framework, exploring current training programs and initiatives. As a result, we now offer High Intensity Support Skills training to meet the disability workforce guidelines in line with the NDIS Framework’s Practice Standards.
Our 2-day workshop focuses on upskilling workers in a short timeframe with the high intensity, specialty skills and expertise to deliver services to clients with complex needs. It aims to:
- provide cost-effective training while minimising staff downtime and scheduling issues
- support consistency in practice and delivery of quality services
- improve workforce performance and development
- provide flexible training options in response to the needs of a busy workforce and work demands.
We can also contextualise training to suit your business needs and align with your organisational policies and procedures.
With face-to-face or online options available, training is delivered by qualified Nurses with extensive experience in vocational training and currency in the specialty areas.
DAY 1 - PEG Feeding and Complex Bowel Care, 9:00am-4:30pm
- PEG Feeding training familiarises participants with the cause and approaches of PEG Feeding. It provides an understanding of the correct, best practice techniques and methods for enteral feeding and management. It also emphasizes the value of privacy, dignity, and respect for the service user.
- Complex Bowel Care training focuses on how to manage bowel health. It provides an understanding of the correct, best practice techniques and methods for complex bowel care and also emphasizes the value of privacy, dignity, and respect for the service user.
DAY 2 - Epilepsy Management/Midazalom and Catheter Care, 9:00am-4:30pm
- The Epilepsy Management/Midazalom training covers different types of Epilepsy and Seizures and the use of Buccal and Intranasal Midazolam for the emergency treatment of seizures, as well as the side effects, dosage, record keeping and after treatment care.
- Catheter Care training focuses on the correct, best practices for urinary catheters insertion, ensuring the procedure is carried out in a safe manner, minimising trauma and infection risks. It also explains the importance and value of privacy, dignity, and respect for the service user.
PLEASE NOTE: Participants will be issued with a certificate of completion
ONLINE WEBINARS are conducted live and include demonstrations by experienced trainers. Participants will be sent a training kit with resources to enable them to be assessed.
GROUP DISCOUNTS are available, please contact us on 02 9853 3268 to discuss.
|2 Day High Intensity Support Skills-Online||27 & 28 August 2020||09:00 am - 04:30 pm||Set2Learn||50||$350.00|
|2 Day High Intensity Support Skills-Face-to-Face||1 & 2 September 2020||09:00 am - 04:30 pm||Set2Learn||50||$390.00|
|2 Day High Intensity Support Skills-Online||9 & 10 September 2020||09:00 am - 04:30 pm||Set2Learn||50||$350.00|
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Set2Learn.