CHC43115 Certificate IV in Disability
RTO Registration Code: 45249
Workers promote a person-centred approach, work without direct supervision and may be required to supervise and/or coordinate a small team.
To achieve this qualification, the candidate must have completed at least 120 hours of work as detailed in the Assessment Requirements of the units of competency.
Who is this for?This qualification has been designed to provide a strong foundation for support workers, team leaders, coordinators, frontline managers, and other staff who currently provide services to people with disabilities as part of their day to day work.
Entry RequirementsTo be eligible to study the Certificate IV in Disabilities applicants must be:
1. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and possess sound written and oral English language skills. All applicants will be required to complete an induction including a Language, literacy and numeracy assessment.
2. Currently working in Disability Support role where you work with people with disabilities, set goals and provide one to one and/or group programs on an ongoing basis.
Units of Study
14 units must be completed to attain this qualification, consisting of 11 compulsory units and 3 elective units.
(Please note that elective units are selected by SET2LEARN based on industry consultation)
CHCCCS015 Provide individualised support
CHCDIS002 Follow established person-centred behaviour supports
CHCDIS005 Develop and provide person-centred service responses
CHCDIS007 Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability
CHCDIS008 Facilitate community participation and social inclusion
CHCDIS009 Facilitate ongoing skills development using a person-centred approach
CHCDIS010 Provide person-centred services to people with disability with complex needs
CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
CHCLEG003 Manage legal and ethical compliance
HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems
HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care
CHCCCS019 Recognise and respond to crisis situations
CHCDIS004 Communicate using augmentative and alternative communication strategies
HLTAID003 Provide First Aid or HLTHPS006 Assist clients with medication (Participants wanting to complete the medication elective will need to be assessed in the workplace with five different clients)
(Electives may vary to meet workplace requirements)
DeliveryThis course will be run over 26 weeks for existing workers with a blend of RPL, face-face, work-based assessment and shadowing, practical workshops and self-paced activities.
This course will be run as follows:
1. Weekly face to face / practical workshops (3 hours per week)
2. Workplace observations
3. Self-study will be done using learner guides and booklets or online resources and monitored through face to face classes.
4. Online Webinars
AssessmentAssessment that you will undertake to complete your course may include:
1. In-Class Activities
2. Workplace Observations
3. Summative Assessments
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) / Credit TransferYou can apply for recognition of prior learning for any learning gained through previous employment or study. You may also apply for any credit transfer on units already completed. Please discuss this further by contacting us on (02) 9853 3268.
How To Apply1. Check you eligibility listed under Entry Requirements.
2. Request an Enrolment Form and Student Handbook Pack by contacting SET2LEARN on (02) 9853-3268.
3. Read the information in your pack carefully and assess your suitability to the course. Feel free to ring us directly with any enquiries you may have.
4. Set up your Unique Student Identifier (your pack explains what this is and how to set it up).
5. Complete and send in your Enrolment Forms and Proof of Citizenship Status to SET2LEARN.
6. Receive notification of the outcome and confirmation of fees if you are accepted.
Course FeesFull fee for service: $1490
A $190 per person deposit is required upon commencement and the balance can be paid by regular fortnightly instalments.
Please refer to the Student Handbook for further information on payments policy.
Upcoming Accredited Courses
|Name||Course Start Date||Course End Date||Cost|
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Set2Learn.
Thank you for subscribing! Go to your email to confirm your subscription.