Certificate IV in Disability
RTO Registration Code: 45249
Workers promote a person-centred approach, work without direct supervision and may be required to supervise and/or coordinate a small team.
To achieve this qualification, the candidate must have completed at least 120 hours of work as detailed in the Assessment Requirements of the units of competency. As this course is designed for existing workers only, learners will need to meet this requirement through their current work role. This may include providing evidence of employment, workplace observations, and other work based tasks.
Who is this for?This qualification has been designed to provide a strong foundation for support workers, team leaders, coordinators, frontline managers, and other staff who currently provide services to people with disabilities as part of their day to day work.
- All learners must be at least 18 years of age.
- All learners must complete a language, literacy and numeracy skills assessment at time of enrolment, or alternatively provide a copy of a Certificate or Statement of Attainment for a Certificate IV qualification or higher.
- All learners must be an existing worker in a Disability setting.
- All learners must have a minimum of 12 months’ experience in a Disability setting or in a support/carer role in either the Disability, Aged Care, Mental Health or Community Sectors.
Units of Study
14 units must be completed to attain this qualification, consisting of 11 compulsory units and 3 elective units.
(Please note that elective units are selected by SET2LEARN based on industry consultation)
CHCCCS015 Provide individualised support
CHCDIS002 Follow established person-centred behaviour supports
CHCDIS005 Develop and provide person-centred service responses
CHCDIS007 Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability
CHCDIS008 Facilitate community participation and social inclusion
CHCDIS009 Facilitate ongoing skills development using a person-centred approach
CHCDIS010 Provide person-centred services to people with disability with complex needs
CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
CHCLEG003 Manage legal and ethical compliance
HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems
HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care
CHCCCS019 Recognise and respond to crisis situations
HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
HLTHPS006 Assist clients with medication
(Electives may vary to suit the needs of each individual)
This course will be run over 30 weeks for existing workers with a blend of RPL, face-face, work based training and assessment, and self-paced activities.
This course will be run as follows:
- Face-to-Face Class (3.5hrs/wk)
- Work Based Learning (5hrs/wk)
- Self-directed Learning (7.5hrs/wk)
- On-the-job Learning (300 hours across the course built in as part of normal job role hours)
- Individualised Learning Support (flexible)
- Practical skills training in
- Assisting clients with medication
- Manual handling
- First aid
Assessment that you will undertake to complete your course may include:
- Online Quizzes
- Work Based Observations
- Practical Skills Assessments
- Role Plays
- Written Work/Short Answer Questions
- Workplace Portfolio and Reflections
- Research Activities
- Third Party Reports
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) / Credit TransferYou can apply for recognition of prior learning for any learning gained through previous employment or study. You may also apply for any credit transfer on units already completed. Please discuss this further by contacting us on (02) 9853 3268.
How To Apply
2. Request an Enrolment Form and Student Handbook Pack by contacting SET2LEARN on (02) 9853-3268.
3. Read the information in your pack carefully and assess your suitability for the course. Feel free to ring us directly with any enquiries you may have.
4. Set up your Unique Student Identifier (your pack explains what this is and how to set it up).
5. Complete and send in your Enrolment Forms and Proof of Citizenship Status to SET2LEARN.
6. All learners will be asked to participate in a Pre-Training Review and complete a Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) assessment or alternatively provide a copy of a Certificate or Statement of Attainment for a Certificate IV qualification or higher. This is to ensure we meet your needs as a learner and you are suitable for the course.
6. Receive notification of the outcome and confirmation of fees if you are accepted.
Course FeesFull fee for service: $1490
A $190 per person deposit is required upon commencement and the balance can be paid by regular fortnightly instalments.
Please refer to the Student Handbook for further information on payments policy.
Upcoming Accredited Courses
|Name||Course Start Date||Course End Date||Cost|
|DIS March 2020 Intake - Block Delivery (QLD Only)||09/03/2020||07/12/2020||$1,490.00|
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Set2Learn.