HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to a casualty in line with first aid guidelines determined by the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) and other Australian national peak clinical bodies.
The unit applies to all persons who may be required to provide a first aid response in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings.
Specific licensing/regulatory requirements relating to this competency, including requirements for refresher training should be obtained from the relevant national/state/territory Work Health and Safety Regulatory Authorities.
WHO IS THIS FOR?
This is a nationally recognised course which is a requirement for all disability and aged care workers. It provides participants with the skills and knowledge required to provide first aid response, life support, management of casualty(s) at the incident until emergency qualified help arrives at the scene.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Respond to an emergency situation
- Apply appropriate first aid procedures
- Communicate details of the incident
Review the incident
On successful completion, participants will receive a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment in:
- HLTAID011 Provide first aid, valid for three (3) years from the completion date, and
- HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation, valid for one (1) year from the completion date.
- Participants must have the physical ability to perform two (2) minutes of uninterrupted resuscitation on a manikin on the floor.
- Participants who are under 18 years of age will require signed parental consent before attending this course.
- Particpants must provide one (1) form of Photo Identification and have a valid Unique Student Identifier (USI). To apply for a USI number or to find an existing number, please go to www.usi.gov.au. Set2Learn will not be able to issue any national recognised qualification or statement of attainment if this is not provided.
UNITS OF STUDY
HLTAID011 Provide first aid
By undertaking this unit, participants are also assessed for the unit HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
Designed for increased flexibility, this course is delivered using a blended mode. This is a combination of online (eLearning) and a one day face-to-face workshop.
Course participants complete:
- A self-paced eLearning component that covers the theory for this unit
Practical skills and scenario demonstrations in a contextualised, simulated workplace environment using a range of industry-specific scenarios.
Learners will be assessed in all of the following skills:
- adult and infant resuscitation manikins in line with ARC Guidelines for the purpose of assessment of CPR procedures
Please Note: It is a requirement of this course that practical demonstration of CPR must be performed on the adult manikin on the floor.
- adrenaline auto-injector training device
- AED training device
- placebo bronchodilator and spacer device
- roller bandages
- triangular bandages
- workplace First Aid kit
- workplace injury, trauma and/or illness record, or other appropriate workplace incident report form for written reports
- wound dressings
$130 per person.
For group discounts, please contact us on (02) 8076 4774.
|Name||Course Start Date||Course End Date||Cost|