Who is this for?
Our Medication Training is idyllic for people working within the care sector who are responsible for the handling, assisting with, and disposal of medication. This includes, community support workers or carers.
The aim of the training is to enhance the knowledge of the participants in regards to different types of medication, the various routes, the 6 R’s, errors and correct documentation. Participants will learn about best practices, current regulations, and legislation and will have increased confidence in safe medication handling.
This course covers:
- What is medication?
- Roles and responsibilities
- Policies of medication administration
- Legislation and medication administration
- Rights and Responsibilities
- Dose Administration Aids (DAAs)
- Webster Blister Packs
- Preparing medications
- Commonly used medications
- Medication – what is in a name?
- Drug interactions and reactions
- Safe medication administration principles
- Information resources
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be issued with a Certificate of Completion.
For group discounts please contact us on (02) 8076 4774
Have a question?