Our Medication Training is idyllic for people working within the care sector who are responsible for the handling, assisting with, and disposal of medication. This includes, community support workers or carers.
The aim of the training is to enhance the knowledge of the participants in regards to different types of medication, the various routes, the 6 R’s, errors and correct documentation. Participants will learn about best practices, current regulations, and legislation and will have increased confidence in safe medication handling.
This course covers:
- What is medication?
- Roles and responsibilities
- Policies of medication administration
- Legislation and medication administration
- Rights and Responsibilities
- Dose Administration Aids (DAAs)
- Webster Blister Packs
- Preparing medications
- Commonly used medications
- Medication – what is in a name?
- Drug interactions and reactions
- Safe medication administration principles
- Information resources
This workshop can be delivered to large groups or small groups, also individual assessments can be arranged.
Upon Successful completion, participants will be issued with a certificate of completion.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Set2Learn.