PEG Tube Feeding & Administration of Medication
Our Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG) PEG feeding training has been designed to familiarise participants with the cause and approaches of PEG feeding. It is aimed at carers and community support workers that frequently work with people who required PEG Feeding. The PEG Feeding Training is hands on practical and theory.
The course will discuss the care and maintenance of a PEG Tube, PEG feeding as well as medication administration methods such as machines. Participants will gain greater knowledge of PEG feeding, medication administration, common causes PEG requirement and safe and effective care. They will be confident and competent in the use of PEG machines and client care.
This course covers:
- The reasons for using gastrostomy tubes
- The implications of administering medication through a gastrostomy
- How to administer feeds and flushes safely
- The potential complications of using feeding tubes
- Effectively troubleshoot potential problems of gastrostomy tubes
- Hygiene and infection control
- Know when to ask for specialist help
- Practical assessment using a mannequin
Please Note: Upon completion, participants will be issued with a certificate of completion.
For group discounts please contact us on 02 9583 3268
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Set2Learn.