CHCSS00070 Assist Clients with Medication Skill Set
RTO Registration Code: 45249
This skill set reflects the skill requirements to provide support a person to self-administer medication. This skill set has been endorsed by industry as suitable for individuals who hold a qualification at Certificate III level or higher in an area involving provision of direct client care or support.
Who is this for?This skill set is for people working in various care and support roles in the community services industry who wish to develop skills in supporting people to self-administer medication.
Entry RequirementsTo be eligible to study the Assist with Medication Skills Set applicants must be:
1. At least 18 years of age and possess sound written and oral English language skills. All applicants will be required to complete an induction including a Language, literacy and numeracy assessment.
2. Currently working in Disability/Aged Care Support role where you directly assist people to take medication.
Units of StudyHLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems
Skills and knowledge required to work with basic information about the human body and to recognise and promote ways to maintain healthy functioning of the body. This unit applies to any worker who needs to use and interpret information that includes references to client anatomy and physiology.
HLTHPS006 Assist clients with medication
Skills and knowledge required to prepare for and provide medication assistance and complete medication documentation. It also involves supporting a client to self-administer medication.
DeliveryThis skills set will be run over 8 weeks for existing workers with a blend of face-face, Work based Instruction and Assessment, Practical Workshops and self-paced activities.
This course will be run as follows:
1. Weekly face to face/ practical workshops (3 hours per week)
2. Workplace Instruction and Assessment
3. Self-study will be done using learner guides and booklets/online materials monitored through face to face classes.
AssessmentAssessment that you will undertake to complete your course may include:
1. Online Quiz
2. Simulated in-class observations/assessment
3. Workplace Observations
4. Open Book Exam
Important Information about Assessments:To be deemed competent in this skill set candidates must provide assistance with medication:
1. to at least 5 different clients according to their care plans
2. with at least 5 different types of medications
3. used at least 3 different modes of administration
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) / Credit TransferYou can apply for recognition of prior learning for any learning gained through previous employment or study. You may also apply for any credit transfer on units already completed. Please discuss this further by contacting us on 1300 404 514.
How To Apply1. Check you eligibility listed under Entry Requirements.
2. Request an Enrolment Form and Student Handbook Pack by contacting SET2LEARN on 1300 404 514.
3. Read the information in your pack carefully and assess your suitability to the course. Feel free to ring us directly with any enquiries you may have.
4. Set up your Unique Student Identifier (your pack explains what this is and how to set it up).
5. Complete and send in your Enrolment Forms and Proof of Citizenship Status to SET2LEARN.
6. Receive notification of the outcome and confirmation of fees if you are accepted.
Course FeesFull fee for service: $399
Candidates can choose to pay a deposit of $99 and three instalments of $100. For more information please contact us on (02) 9853-3268.
(Candidates that have completed the non-accredited Medication Competencies Course with SET2LEARN will receive a further $50 off)
Upcoming Accredited Courses
|Name||Course Start Date||Course End Date||Cost|
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Set2Learn.